Friday, May 26, 2006

Working for the Win-Win

I was discussing this topic with my kids, trying to get them to coexist peacefully, when it occured to me that this is the problem in my country and in the world.
A coworker once told me that for anyone to make money on the stock market, that meant someone else had to lose. I disagree.
This idea is unhealthy competition, that is, thinking that you must lose in order for me to win. This is a Win-Lose scenario. Why can't we live in a Win-Win scenario instead? Which is more Christian? If you are a Christian, can you really believe in a Win-Lose scenario? Wasn't this ultimately the basis for Jesus' saying to love your neighbor, as yourself?
If you do win in a Win-Lose scenario, how do you feel?
Are there any Lose-Win scenarios, where someone would lose in order for others to win? Jesus gave it up, so that we could win.

No comments: